This morning, while we were cleaning the front room so my Visiting Teacher could come, I decided to turn on the radio. There was a fun dance song on, so I started dancing with Makayla. I then picked up Clara and danced with her. We had so much fun dancing, that it was hard to stop. I need to remember to do silly things like that with my kids so often. They had a lot of fun and I truly believe it was good for Clara to move like that, because it isn't something that she can do on her own. Holden also had fun dancing with me when he woke up from his nap.

Yesterday before school, I took my kids and Makayla's friend Treyson to the Children's Museum in Salt Lake. They had so much fun playing together and running all over. The rock wall was a big hit. Makayla is really getting good at that, granted it is only about 10 feet high, but she does it well.
The helicopter was a big hit as well. Makayla and Treyson loved to be the pilots together, but then they switched and played pilot and dispatcher. Makayla loves to tell everyone that comes there with her that this used to be a real helicopter, huh mom? and that it is now broken, huh mom? and that Clara has ridden in a helicopter like this one when she is sick, huh mom?




After playing at the Helicopter and talking them into going back inside because the babies were cold, they played newscaster. They had fun playing with the greenscreen

in the background and then seeing themselves on the TV with an image behind them. There was a green scarf that they could put on themselves and then it would make that part of their body "see through" on the TV, and they thought that was hilarious that their middle, or head, or whatever was just mysteriously gone. I love seeing the process of discovery take place. It was so great!

Every time we go, there are different blocks to play with and discover about. Some of my favorites are the Wedgits, but they didn't have those yesterday. Instead, they got to discover about gears and how they work together. There is nothing like figuring out what will work and what won't together. There were a few pieces that even baffled me and it still bugs me that I couldn't make them work!

And just another fun picture of Makayla and Treyson playing on the horse in the "farm" area.

We were getting ready to leave when another parent asked if we were staying for the elephant parade. I had not heard anything about this, but we

were supposed to be leaving so the kids could catch the bus. I decided that seeing the elephant parade wasn't something that they could see every day, so we decided it would be OK if they were 10

minutes late for school and we stayed. It was the Bello the clown's birthday, so they

were giving away clown noses and birthday hats. I can't believe how much fun the kids had waiting for and watching the 10 minute parade with the elephants and clowns. I forget how magical it is to see these creatures that only exist on that pages of their books. They were HUGE and I'm glad that we stayed a little longer. While I value school and all they teach there, there has to be something said for real world experiences!
What a fun day. I wouldn't have changed anything!
1 comment:
That looks like so much fun! I heard about the elephant parade, but it was over by the time I could have taken Cait to see it... darn it. Anyway, I love the children's museum. I am so glad that you like to dance with your kids. We dance a lot at my house too.
Post a Comment