Can I just say first of all that I LOVE FALL!! I love the crisp morning air, the changing of the colors, school starting, caramel apples, no heat or a/c, snuggling up on the couch with a fuzzy blanket, etc. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. However, the snow we got on Saturday was a bit premature. It didn't last long, but still not welcome!
Yesterday it was a nice Sunday afternoon, so we thought we'd go see the fall colors that are in the mountains right now. We had a nice drive enjoying the crisp mountain air. Makayla insisted we get out of the car so we could look around and find 'treasures.' She came home with some colorful leaves and a few rocks. When we got home, I showed her how to do leaf rubbings - she was so excited! It was a fun thing to do together on a Sunday afternoon!






6 comments:
I absolutely love Autumn time. I was just thinking that I need to take a nice drive up the canyons to see the leaves... and the leaf rubbings is such a great idea. Cait would love that.
How fun! Did you end up with a bazillion pics again lol! Now you have pictures to use with that vellum. :) Now we just need to scrapbook again!
Nope, this is pretty much all the pics we got. Austin doesn't take near the pictures he used to, which is nice. If I want pics for the scrapbook, I always have the millions of the other year. Nobody will ever know :)
I am right there with you on fall, especially the curling up on the couch with a fuzzy blanket part. I hope we have some more of these pretty days before the cold sets in for good. Oh, and I love that pic of Clara on your sidebar where she's looking at the bear. Too sweet!
how exactly do you do leaf rubbing? Hey, I love the cleavage that clara is helping you to show on the last pic. The pics are great looks like you all had fun.
A leaf rubbing is when you put a leaf under a piece of paper and rub the paper with a pencil or crayon. Ya, both my babies like to grab my shirts right there.
Post a Comment