Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hidden Blessings

Today, we got a terrible blizzard - snow and extremely high winds. They weren't predicting it to be as bad as it was (at least not that I heard). Unrelated to that, I didn't send Clara to school today, because she has a cold and was miserable. IF I would have sent Clara to school, she would not have been able to get home because the roads into Eagle Mountain have been closed since about 3:30 this afternoon. IF she couldn't come home, and I couldn't go get her, she wouldn't have been able to eat or get her meds tonight. I guess, for the first time, I am thankful that she was sick today. I would not have wanted to try to go get her from school in the weather we were having (even if the roads weren't closed.

**Austin won't be able to make it home from work tonight as all the roads in the area are closed. Luckily, he has family near where he works and can stay with them. It is a little scary to think how many husbands weren't able to make it home from work tonight in our area - ie; the lack of priesthood in the area tonight.

5 comments:

CJ Rush said...

We were out picking up one of the girls from school at around 345 this afternoon. It was awful! And we only had to drive a mile and a half, but visibility was zero. It took 20 minutes to get home--a mile and a half away. It was our scariest driving experience ever...glad you guys are okay and that Austin had somewhere safe to stay at tonight!

Aubs said...

What a crazy storm! I am glad Clara was sick too and that Austin had a warm place to stay.
Cam's boss said he could leave early. He left at 3:40 and it took him 1 1/2 hours to get home. I was so grateful he came home early!

kstrack said...

It is too bad we don't iove close enough that we could have had a little game night with the girls. That would have been fun!

Heidi said...

so glad you didn't have to go out in that weather. It was awful here too.

CAMI said...

Wow! Yeah mom said it was bad! Scary! I know they are just opening up roads here! after 2 weeks! People are just beginning to leave there homes! they even had declared us i a state of emergency! Thank goodness utah is a lil better with snow! hopefully things will change for you guys! thats so good that clara was sick!