Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

Easter morning started out by checking on our Easter Story Cookies. It was neat to use this recipe to tell the story of why we celebrate Easter. That is about Jesus and not the Easter Bunny.

After we talked about that, then we went in to see what the Easter Bunny brought. Makayla started finding the eggs, and so did Holden.It was so fun to watch him, that Makayla stopped finding them and helped Holden find them. He was excited to pick them up and put them in the carton. He tried to put every one in the same spot, though, so we ended up with a few cracked eggs. Baskets came next. Makayla got a Butterfly LPS digital pet. Clara got a game for her Little Leaps gaming system she got for Christmas. Holden got the Peter Pan movie. (He liked the chocolate best, though.) All the kids got some toys to play with outside.

After church, we went to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner and fun. Grandma and Grandpa put together a egg hunt outside and then gave all the kids some more fun toys. It was a fun day!

3 comments:

Chad and Amy said...

I can't believe how big Holden is getting, he is one handsome little boy. Sounds like a fun/busy weekend.

Debra Goodey said...

Wow, you are so quick getting your posts up. I haven't even down loaded my pictures yet. You guys had a fun weekend, that's awesome. I enjoyed the pictures. I'm also impressed that you taught you children about the Savior before Easter Bunny time. We didn't and then I felt really bad during sacrament meeting. When we got home from church we learned about the real meaning of Easter. I guess better late than never.

CAMI said...

I think that is so cute that Makayla helped Holden! What a good sister!