Friday, May 23, 2008

how to choose?

It is hard, as a mom, to choose between children's activities. Makayla's end of year program and Clara's end of year BBQ was on the same day at the same time. I had committed to going to Clara's before I even knew of Makayla's, so I felt obligated. I talked to Makayla's teacher and she said that the day before the parents performance, the Kindergarten would be doing it for the school. She sent home a paper with the time and everything for me, so I was excited that I would be able to see a performance. When I got there, all the classes were heading back to their room and all that was left in the gym was the Kindergarten. I guess, the performance got moved up, but they did practice, so I did get to see that. The next day, I wished her luck and told her I wished I could be there for her, but she was OK that I couldn't. After school, I asked her how it went, and she said "I really wish you could have been there today mom because all the moms came back to the room after the performance." It broke my heart to have to miss it.


I took a picture at Clara's BBQ with one of her favorite aide's, but somehow it got erased off my camera, so I guess that is one memory that will live in my head!

3 comments:

kstrack said...

It is so hard to choose! I bet she did a great job, and she is such a good sport!

Emily Call said...

What a sweet girl! Don't you think Mom's should be able to be in two places at once?

Lori said...

jUST WAIT UNTIL YOU CAN ADD ONE MORE TO THE MIX!!!